Paragliding Course Overview
We offer 2 – 3 day taster courses that are designed to give you an understanding of basic paragliding and to introduce you to the simplicity of this sport. The high point of the course is definitely the several low altitude flights off the bottom slopes of the training hill that you will achieve. If you choose the 3 day taster course you might also achieve a few solo flights.
Who is it for
This two or three day taster courses are great for someone who wants to experience paragliding first hand or simply try out something new and exciting.
– Age criteria is 16 years and above. You should not have a previous history of heart disease, major back ailments or blackouts.
Things you will learn as part of the 2-3 day paragliding taster:
- Introduction To The Equipment
- Site assessment
- Canopy Layout
- Forward launch technique
- Ground handling
- Low level flights
- Course correction
- Maintaining airspeed
- Landing & post landing procedure
- Audio video interactive sessions
- Solo flights maybe from the higher take off on the training slope*
- All equipment usage
- Course material
- Instruction & radio supervision
- Any expenses of personal nature viz. Tips at guest house, Mineral water etc.
- Any transport.
- Food and Stay (2 days & 1 night or 3 days 2 nights) at Solang Nulla – Manali
2 Day Taster – Rs 8,000 per person
3 Day Taster – 12,000 per person
Course locations – Manali.
At Touching Cloudbase your safety is our first priority we are conservative when it comes to training you on bunny slopes, Tandem Flights or High mountain sites. We do this only when the conditions are ideal. Safety is our main concern and we rely on good weather conditions for training you. Himachal Pradesh is fortunate enough to have good weather most of the year round, so fly-able days are plentiful.
- Solo flights will be achieved only for the 3 day taster course students.