Club Pilot Paragliding Course – 6 days
The club pilot course is for elementary pilots looking to learn more skills and fly longer and higher. Any pilot who has done an elementary pilot course in the recent past in any part of the world with a log of 15 Solo EP flights can choose to sign up for this course. We run the club pilot course in either Manali or Bir- Billing areas of Himachal Pradesh.
Who is it for
This course is designed to help you fly for extended periods. You will improve your skills in the air as well as freshen and expand your understanding of weather assessment, meteorology, flight planning, rules of the air and safety. You will learn how to gain height and soar like a bird for extended periods of time. You will gain a deeper understanding of the glider, its characteristics and how to fly it safely and competently as well as deal with instability. The emphasis here is to get you comfortable in the air on your own as the pilot in command. Radio supervision is provided for your comfort and safety.
The CP course builds on the skills you learnt on your EP course and teaches you to become more self reliant and learn the art of soaring flight. The course will take at least six full flying days to complete and, just like the Elementary Pilot course, can be spread over a period (recommended maximum is six months).
Things you will learn
- Forward & reverse launch techniques
- Strong wind post landing procedures
- Planned approaches
- Ridge Soaring
- Exploring the speed range
- Accelerator systems
- Weight shift
- Pitch control
- 180 degree & 360 degree turns
- Cross wind launch
- Rapid descent techniques
- Dealing with asymmetric tucks
- Duration flights up to one hour duration
- Simulator Sessions
- Principles of flight
- Rules of the air
- Airmanship knowledge
- Theory of instability & emergencies
- Audio / visual interactive sessions
- Glider care
- Multiple choice written exam
- All equipment usage
- Course material
- Instruction & radio supervision
- Any expenses of personal nature viz. Tips at guest house, Mineral water etc.
- Food and Stay(6 days & 5 nights) at Manali or Bir
- Any transport